Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Treatments

What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?

Comment from: nancyemyers, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 14

I had a car accident, was hit from the side. Twi days later I had horrible pain behind my eye. I went to the emergency room, and USD 29,000 later they said nothing wrong with me. The pain did not let up. I went back to the emergency room thinking they missed something, I spent USD 18,000 and nothing wrong. No one would see me after I mentioned car accident. The tic douloureux is now not behind my eye, thank goodness but in my cheek. I found a neurologist that would see me, I did not mention the car accident. She gave me carbamazepine that helped the first time but it came back and it seems that is not working this time.

Comment from: Misterclean, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

The jock itch first appeared in my behind. It was itching for about 6 months. I went to the doctor, he gave me a cream and it went away. But it came back the same year! I went back to the doctor month after month for always receiving the same cream, Loprox. It wasn't working anymore and the itch went inside my penis and my anus. In my insides no cream could help. I had to buy 50 billion probiotics. I bought 2 of them and took the pills for about a month, it made the anus itch and penis itch go but there was some other itch around. The cream wasn't helping. So then I switched up! I ate tons of yogurt plus the probiotics that helped. But still there is some jock itch so I have put some garlic paste in my behind and bam! Relief! The garlic was working so good I put everywhere and it was working but there was still a little bit of itch so I made a recipe of vinegar, garlic and onion in a blender and applied. Now no more itch after 2 years, I am clean!

Comment from: 55 Alive, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had Jock Itch here and there, mostly when heat pump is on and during the winter. I use bleach twice a week. It kills the itch. Hope this helps.

Comment from: jim, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

If you cannot get rid of it, it is not jock itch, it may be bacteria. I scratched for 40 years, tried everything, several doctors and it was no help. I found cure on the computer; after 40 years of scratching till it would bleed. I had to do 2 things, take a couple of pills a day and put coconut oil on the part that itched; my testicles. Coconut oil kills bacteria on contact and stopped the itch. Take probiotic capsules at least 25 billion strength or more; a couple a day to put good bacteria in your body. You can get coconut oil at Sam's club or on e-bay and the pills Nature's Way Fortify 30 billion at Walmart.

Comment from: jc_tx, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

I burned my arm with 3rd degree (12 square inches) and the doctor prescribed the ancient antifungal silver sulfadiazine. It prevented any infection on my arm. So I tried it on my groin when I got jock itch. It worked. It has gone. This worked.

Comment from: Margaret, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

My friend had to go to the emergency room (ER) due high fever and the ER nurse requested adult rectal temperature taken by nurse. She stayed in the hospital due serious fever. Two day later she was discharged from the hospital.

Comment from: Ringo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 11

Back in 1966 I set a world speed record after applying Absorbine Jr to my crotch to treat jock itch. I might as well have poured lighter fluid on myself and lit it. When it finally stopped burning, the jock itch felt so good I didn't worry about it anymore. Some sage advice: do not put Absorbine in your crotch area.

Comment from: relieved, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I had unbearable jock itch; tried everything. You are not going to believe what works, Absorbine Jr. You will scream blue murder for a bit. But before you know it is gone.

Jock Itch - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with jock itch.
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were your jock itch symptoms and signs?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?