Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Treatments

What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?

Comment from: cindy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

i had jock itch for some years due to exercising, it gets really unbearable with the itching, recently i tried some stuff including Lamisil which just seemed to work but didn't, the rash was back 2 days after using an entire tube and it itch like hell. What is helping a great deal 1. apply a solution of vinegar and baking soda 15 minutes before bath time(really rub it into your skin) 2. blow dry the area and apply tea tree oil. 3. the next day omit the baking soda and use hydrogen peroxide a 6% solution undiluted on the area leave for 15 minutes and shower. 4. blow dry and add tea tree oil repeat alternating treatments, it works.

Comment from: Someinfo, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 24

I've had jock itch for years and years and the only thing that has actually worked (up to a month or more no rash) Food grade hydrogen peroxide (between 3 - 9%) Just soak the area as much as you can. I soak up a ball of tissue and apply to the area and leave for soak in good. Skin may whiten around the area but it goes back to normal after 15 minutes. I also take fluconazole for the internal cleanse. But without peroxide nothing happens. Sometimes I have used normal over the counter creams followed by a wash and a peroxide wash. Then take the fluconazole after rash is clear. TRIPLE ATTACK! I bloody hate this stuff! (male - 25)

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 17

I suffered from it continuously for about 10 years. I tried ointments, powders, and sprays none of which had any effect. Then I switched from white cotton underwear to moisture wicking polyester. The problem went away in a couple of weeks, and hasn't been back for last 8 years.

Comment from: Omg, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 24

My jock itch was unbearable itching around the penis. Perhaps the worst irritation I had experienced thus far in my life. I had been applying a lot of topical cream, and after a few months visited a doctor and they had said it was not jock itch because they would be able to tell. Well a little while later and after trying multipole antibiotics, I ended up realizing that I had a small rash around my anus so I began applying powder spray to that that area and now the itching is dyeing down in the groin area. This was not fun and I feel stupid for not trying this procedure prior to visiting the doctor three times. Gosh, so be careful and remember that I had a case where the itch was severe in one area with no signs but the infected area appears to be behind.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

My doctor prescribed Triamcinolone.025 lotion which works wonders for my jock itch.

Comment from: Itchy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I have used Gold Bond medicated powder with good results.

Comment from: ds, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

I have found using an antiperspirant deodorant is most effective. It keeps the area dry and it heals itself.

Comment from: c.taylor, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 27

On the occasions when I have taken a really hot bath (to try and ease back ache for instance) a reoccurrence of Jock Itch follows within a few hours. Anti fungal talcum powder and Lamisil helps.

Comment from: SWIMMER MAN, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 13

I have chronic jock itch every 6-8 months. A new cure that has just been tried is washing with Clorox before dial yellow soap. After drying with a hair dryer then I used clotrimazole, I have done this for about ten days. I used a small amount in my hand, washed with gold shortly thereafter and now apply antifungal power to hopefully avoid infection. This appears to be working ok after using lamisil, diflucan, and doryx. No more itching. I will repost again.

Jock Itch - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with jock itch.
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your jock itch?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?