Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Treatments

What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?

Comment from: DubrovnikDude, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 24

Having suffered with jock itch for many years, I have recently been told of a quick cure which seems to work for me. Once a day, after washing and drying the affected area, apply a small amount of hand sanitizer to the rash. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that upon the first application you will probably jump about 10 feet in the air and yell a few obscenities due to the initial pain. But grit your teeth and the pain will soon go. After a few applications you will notice the affected area clears up. Well, it worked for me anyway and I hope it does for you too!

Comment from: Robert80, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 24

I have had jock itch off and on for 40 years. Soon as I stop applying anti-fungal cream it is back. I apply the cream twice daily and wear loose cotton fabrics, even so in hot conditions it returns. I have tried every type and make of cream. No difference. This week I have applied cider vinegar 50-50 with water. Apply liberally 3 times a day. I must say it has cleared the rash very quickly and stopped the itching. Let us hope I have found some relief at last.

Comment from: Canuck Guy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

A few people mentioned using Absorbine Jr for jock itch and I'm familiar with the product as I frequently encountered athlete's foot while a gym member. But that stuff, while effective, stung my toes badly so I switched to Desenex antifungal powder. So when my sweat rash progressed to jock itch and even produced a bad odor I reached for the Desenex and it did the job. Sadly I have it again and it's not even summer here. Maybe I got really overheated shoveling snow.

Comment from: MikeH, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

A great thing to use for jock itch and other penis skin irritations is a creme called Man1 Man Oil. It has moisturizing and antibacterial vitamins and nutrients in it, exactly what the skin needs. I've used it several times in the past and it always delivers. Keep it in mind.

Comment from: PC, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 08

I got severe jock itch working in a situation where I had waders on in hot weather and worked throughout the day with the heat and moisture. The itch became unbearable and would not go away. I used rubbing alcohol on the area and it stings but takes the itch out immediately. Then I applied clotrimazole and this worked. It took a while for this to clear up. I also have trouble with athlete's foot and when it occurs I first put rubbing alcohol on it and it takes the itch away and then I put Tinactin on it. After reading these articles I think I will get rid of all my underwear and start fresh.

Comment from: Torre, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

It is my opinion that groin itch is also caused by ingesting red wine, liquor and tobacco.

Comment from: nancyemyers, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 14

I had a car accident, was hit from the side. Twi days later I had horrible pain behind my eye. I went to the emergency room, and USD 29,000 later they said nothing wrong with me. The pain did not let up. I went back to the emergency room thinking they missed something, I spent USD 18,000 and nothing wrong. No one would see me after I mentioned car accident. The tic douloureux is now not behind my eye, thank goodness but in my cheek. I found a neurologist that would see me, I did not mention the car accident. She gave me carbamazepine that helped the first time but it came back and it seems that is not working this time.

Jock Itch - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with jock itch.
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were your jock itch symptoms and signs?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?