Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Experience

Please describe your experience with jock itch.

Comment from: Tomasz, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am currently dealing with the effects of jock itch. It is awful. I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but it doesn't help much. I suppose seeking the help of a medical professional is the best course of action, but it is rather embarrassing.

Comment from: Anonymous, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 02

Jock itch is curable as far as I know but usually it is caused by not bathing, changing panties. My jock itch started a few months back and I thought it was an STD, but that's when I saw an article in a men's health magazine and I went to the pharmacy but I couldn't get the treatment because I was shy. Then I had to throw away all my underwear and I bought new ones and suddenly it stopped. But jock itch is unbearable and I hate it.

Comment from: rgr millenia, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have switched soaps that I shower with and have chosen Caress, which has lanolin. It has relieved the jock itch.

Comment from: jt, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

It itches most days, could be any time day or night. If I rub the end for a while and it goes off.

Jock Itch - Treatments Question: What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your jock itch?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?