Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Experience

Please describe your experience with jock itch.

Comment from: wino1943, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

I found an effective treatment for jock itch on the cheap. I found most items cheap at Family Dollar store. T Plus shampoo (has coal tar extract). It really works on any skin irritation and fungus. Leave on 10 minutes. Take 1 oz bottle of fragrance body spray, USD 1.00. Dump it out, rinse and replace with 1/4 apple cider vinegar and remainder with any cheap eye wash solution instead of water. It is sterile and has soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredients to soften the burn from the vinegar. Spray groin well and leave on 5 minutes. Wipe with paper towels so you do not spread the fungus. Another is Family Dollar anti-fungal spray; same as Tinactin at half the price. Shake can well first! Cover everything. Use twice daily. It cleared up in 5 days.

Comment from: Feeling better, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I tried Lotrimin for jock itch and it hurt badly, especially the spray. I found almost instant relief by using triamcinolone cream, used mostly for psoriasis. It is prescription so you will have to see a dermatologist. It's been four days, it has improved 80 percent and I have no pain.

Comment from: male1970, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had a case of really bad jock itch. What I did to cure it was cleaning the infected area with a baby wipe, then on another wipe I squeezed the water out, and poured a little bit of rubbing alcohol into the wipe and then used that to clean the affected area again. I did this twice a day, and within a few days the itch was gone and it began to heal.

Comment from: exsurfmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I live and work in the desert. Monsoon season starts late July-mid August. Three weeks ago, I had the worst itch ever. I thought I had crabs, but my boyfriend lives out of state. I thought my new aloe toilet paper was the cause. I don't think so, it is still itchy. I have had this itchy rash on my ankle for weeks, I put two and two together and I think it is athlete's foot/jock itch. I will try some of these remedies and let you know. Itch to me is almost the worst feeling in the world. No escape from the itch!

Comment from: ItchGoAway, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

I've suffered with jock itch for 1/2 a year now. I tried all the creams, nothing worked. Then I tried a random application of Listerine, apple cider vinegar, or rubbing alcohol. Finally it took a 2 week supply of fluconazole. This has helped lessen the severity but not remove it entirely. I suffer from eczema and other skin issues so I figure that's part of the resilience of my jock itch. I'm looking next to try tea tree oil. I've also started taking smelly garlic supplements.

Comment from: don, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I read somewhere that baking soda kills fungus, a teaspoon 3 times a day mixed in a glass of water. I'm guessing a yeast infection as well as thrush is causing the jock itch, something is seriously going on down there.

Comment from: Misterclean, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Jock itch is the worst itch ever, you just want to die.

Comment from: Tomasz, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am currently dealing with the effects of jock itch. It is awful. I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but it doesn't help much. I suppose seeking the help of a medical professional is the best course of action, but it is rather embarrassing.

Jock Itch - Treatments Question: What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were your jock itch symptoms and signs?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?