Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Experience

Please describe your experience with jock itch.

Comment from: Feeling better, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I tried Lotrimin for jock itch and it hurt badly, especially the spray. I found almost instant relief by using triamcinolone cream, used mostly for psoriasis. It is prescription so you will have to see a dermatologist. It's been four days, it has improved 80 percent and I have no pain.

Comment from: male1970, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had a case of really bad jock itch. What I did to cure it was cleaning the infected area with a baby wipe, then on another wipe I squeezed the water out, and poured a little bit of rubbing alcohol into the wipe and then used that to clean the affected area again. I did this twice a day, and within a few days the itch was gone and it began to heal.

Comment from: exsurfmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I live and work in the desert. Monsoon season starts late July-mid August. Three weeks ago, I had the worst itch ever. I thought I had crabs, but my boyfriend lives out of state. I thought my new aloe toilet paper was the cause. I don't think so, it is still itchy. I have had this itchy rash on my ankle for weeks, I put two and two together and I think it is athlete's foot/jock itch. I will try some of these remedies and let you know. Itch to me is almost the worst feeling in the world. No escape from the itch!

Comment from: ItchGoAway, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

I've suffered with jock itch for 1/2 a year now. I tried all the creams, nothing worked. Then I tried a random application of Listerine, apple cider vinegar, or rubbing alcohol. Finally it took a 2 week supply of fluconazole. This has helped lessen the severity but not remove it entirely. I suffer from eczema and other skin issues so I figure that's part of the resilience of my jock itch. I'm looking next to try tea tree oil. I've also started taking smelly garlic supplements.

Comment from: Tomasz, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am currently dealing with the effects of jock itch. It is awful. I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but it doesn't help much. I suppose seeking the help of a medical professional is the best course of action, but it is rather embarrassing.

Comment from: Cured, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I have tried it all for the rash in my groin area; prescription medications, over the counter stuff, even Vicks ointment. The only product that cured my jock itch was Gold Bond extra strength powder. I use it faithfully every day the same way I would have used talcum powder.

Comment from: Anonymous, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 02

Jock itch is curable as far as I know but usually it is caused by not bathing, changing panties. My jock itch started a few months back and I thought it was an STD, but that's when I saw an article in a men's health magazine and I went to the pharmacy but I couldn't get the treatment because I was shy. Then I had to throw away all my underwear and I bought new ones and suddenly it stopped. But jock itch is unbearable and I hate it.

Comment from: Jazzmanjim, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I have had jock itch for over a year. Nothing works. I have tried vinegar, hydrocortisone with ketoconazole, Lamisil, change of underwear material, and many other treatments. I still itch and bleed.

Comment from: rgr millenia, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have switched soaps that I shower with and have chosen Caress, which has lanolin. It has relieved the jock itch.

Comment from: jt, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

It itches most days, could be any time day or night. If I rub the end for a while and it goes off.

Jock Itch - Treatments Question: What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?
Jock Itch - Symptoms Question: What were your jock itch symptoms and signs?
Jock Itch - Causes Question: What caused your jock itch?