- Impotence Slideshow Pictures
- Sex Drive Killers: Causes of Low Libido Slideshow
- Low Testosterone (Low T) Quiz
- Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Treatments
- Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Experience
- Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Jock Itch - Causes
- Find a local Dermatologist in your town
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Which physicians diagnose and treat jock itch?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
Quick GuideMen's Health Pictures Slideshow: Embarrassing Male Body Problems
How is itching from jock itch treated?
Assuming the condition is not caused by an infectious agent, itching from jock itch can be treated with a short course of one of the following:
- Use a short five- to seven-day course of a mild to medium potency, topical steroid cream like prescription triamcinolone 0.025% once or twice a day for inflamed or itchy areas.
- Use a short five- to seven-day course of a mild over-the-counter topical steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone (Cortaid) one to three times a day for itching.
What is the best drug for jock itch?
Overall, the best jock-itch drug is a topical antifungal cream like miconazole, clotrimazole, or terbinafine assuming the condition is produced by a fungus. If the jock itch does not improve within two to three weeks of treatment, then a physician should be consulted. The use of the topical antifungal should be suspended for two weeks prior to seeing the physician.
Why is my groin still discolored?
Residual skin discoloration in the groin may persist for weeks to months after more severe forms of jock itch clear. Because it is in an area that is not generally visible, it does not usually require treatment. Eventually, the skin discoloration will return to a more natural color.