Patient Comments: Jaundice in Adults - Treatment

What treatments did you undergo for your case of jaundice?

Comment from: Donna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I am almost 55 years old. I have cirrhosis of the liver in its final stage. For the last say 6 months. I have been having itching all over, it drives me nuts! Now my eyes are turning yellow. I'm not sure how to treat jaundice. With the liver itch I find taking Chlortabs are helpful. Sometimes I use calamine lotion that helps too! It seems like the itching starts in the late afternoon.

Comment from: Sterance, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

I have jaundice from a bad reaction to azithromycin. I have been yellow and itching for the last 11 weeks. I probably have another 5 weeks or so before it goes away. In truth, there is no treatment but to wait and just treat the symptoms (no fatty foods in your diet, 50mg Benadryl for itching at night). The 50mg Benadryl will stop you from losing your sanity at the ITCHING. I have also been prescribed ursodiol (which barely helps with the yellow) and questran (which barely helps with the itching). If you have the same diagnosis as me, just be happy you aren't dead; not everyone survives the bad reaction to antibiotics.

Comment from: hope.it.helps, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 08

Eat and drink as much beet root product as you can. The more raw the better. As well as milk thistle to help regulate liver function. Some sort of Vitamin B supplement is also good to take while trying to recover from being/looking jaundice. I have read of these different things and their benefit in the research I have done about jaundice, and liver dysfunction.

Comment from: Bili-bili howdy jaundiced., 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

Hi I am 15 and I am jaundiced. I didn't know that I am affected but it happened gradually when my mom recognized my yellow eyes and skin. You will never know how it affects until and unless you know your blood sample. I did my blood test and my doctor told me of bilirubin content rising up to 5.81 from normal standard. I was taken to my grandma who treated me by ayurvedic medicine and having only boiled food for sudden months avoiding oily recipes, fats, and spices mostly turmeric and excess vitamin D. (A TYPICAL BODO STYLE). I am still on treatment regarding my doctor's therapy and grandma's therapy.2011. Always drink liquids such as glucose solvent, sugarcane juice, soft apple drink and water as much as possible. In my language i.e., BODO(INDIA) it is said that one must Avoid eating lemon, citrus, spices, oils, chilies and control oneself from eating outside foods. Eat fruits and boil green vegetables and for taking a warm bath boil a neem leaves and take a shower.

Comment from: Bluebottle, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

My jaundice came as a result of a reaction to an antibiotic. After five weeks, my skin has stopped itching. I still have a terrible taste in my mouth from time to time; this is masked by eating mint sweets or eating apples. I feel tired in the mornings but improve during the day. Apparently, I have another five weeks to go before I am cured.

Comment from: vijay, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I am 24 year old, I was suffering from indigestion of food for almost 3 weeks. After the blood report I came to know it's the cause of jaundice, and I was suggested by people to go for Ayurvedic medicine. It's been a week after the strict diet it's reduced from 4.27 to 3.87.

Published: May 27

I am taking lots of liquids like juices, water mixed with glucose. Sugar cane juice is said to be beneficial as well. Avoid oily and deep fried stuff, as well as spices.

Jaundice in Adults - Experience Question: Please share your experience of jaundice as an adult.
Jaundice in Adults - Causes Question: What was the cause of your case of jaundice?
Jaundice in Adults - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with jaundice?
Jaundice in Adults - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with jaundice?