Patient Comments: Jaundice in Adults - Experience

Please share your experience of jaundice as an adult.

Comment from: Lopez, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I"m very confused with this disease. I've being going to hospitals and no doctor can tell me what is making my bilirubin go so high. I'm at the point where I've given up on what's happening to me. I have been in three different hospitals, and they had put plasma, blood, and given me a lot of medications but no diagnosis or explanation. One of the things that I'm concerned about is that I have been getting this stomach pain, very painful when I'm going to the bathroom. This is very scary because my stool smells very bad and my eyes are orange, not yellow, my urine is worst. I cry a lot, I don"t believe in hospitals anymore and I don"t know what to do anymore.

Jaundice in Adults - Causes Question: What was the cause of your case of jaundice?
Jaundice in Adults - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with jaundice?
Jaundice in Adults - Treatment Question: What treatments did you undergo for your case of jaundice?
Jaundice in Adults - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with jaundice?