Jaundice in Adults Index
Jaundice in adults may be caused by a variety of medical diseases or conditions. Some cases of jaundice can be managed at home with a doctor's supervision, while other causes of jaundice may be life-threatening. Symptoms of jaundice are yellow skin, yellowing of the whites of the eyes, pale colored stools, dark urine, itchy skin, vomiting, nausea, rectal bleeding, and more. Treatment of jaundice is focused on the disease or condition that is causing jaundice.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
In This Article
Gallbladder Pain (Gall Bladder Pain) Article
- Gallbladder pain definition
- What are the causes
of gallbladder pain?
- What is biliary colic?
- What are the
symptoms associated with gallbladder pain?
- How is the cause of gallbladder pain diagnosed?
- What is the treatment of gallbladder pain?
- Home remedies
- What are the complications of gallbladder pain?
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »
Gallstones are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in the gallbladder) can be as small as a...learn more »
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...learn more »
In This Article
Pancreatic Cancer Article
- Pancreatic cancer facts
- What is the pancreas, and what is the function of the pancreas?
- What is cancer?
- What is pancreatic cancer?
- What are pancreatic cancer causes and risk factors?
- What are the symptoms and signs of pancreatic cancer?
- How is the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer made?
- How is pancreatic cancer staged?
- What is the treatment for resectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for metastatic pancreatic cancer?
- What are the side effects of pancreatic cancer treatment?
- What is the prognosis of pancreatic cancer?
- What research is being done on pancreatic cancer?
- Is complimentary or alternative medicine effective in pancreatic cancer treatment?
- Can pancreatic cancer be prevented?
- Where can people get support when coping with pancreatic cancer?
- Where can people find additional information about pancreatic cancer?
A hematoma is a collection of blood that is outside a blood vessel. There are different areas where hematomas occur including the...learn more »