Patient Comments: Birth Control - IUD complications

Did you experience any complications with your IUD? Please describe them.

Comment from: krissy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have been on an intra-uterine device (IUD) now for 4 months and it's been great! With the exception that I have been bloating the last week and half and it hasn"t gone down. I also have spotted here and there but that is normal apparently. The only thing worrying me right now is the smelly discharge. I have never experienced this before and I am a little worried I am that 1 in 1000 people who have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). I hope not... I am going to see my obstetrician/gynecologist this week.

Birth Control - IUDs Question: Do you or your partner use an intrauterine device for birth control? Have you found it effective?