Patient Comments: Birth Control - IUDs

Do you or your partner use an intrauterine device for birth control? Have you found it effective?

Comment from: Sue T., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I have installed IUD when I was 24 after my son was born and I had it removed after 5 years. Then I have had three more children. I was very happy all my life but I had breast cancer two years ago, I wonder what caused it. I breastfed all my children, I'm slim, active and exercise, there is no history of cancer in my family. My IUD is a very old kind, back to 40 years ago, I wonder if that may be had a lot of side effects.

Birth Control - IUD complications Question: Did you experience any complications with your IUD? Please describe them.