Patient Comments: Itching - Treatments

What treatment did you receive for your itching?

Comment from: Spidey, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I've been fighting itch problems for at least the past 15 years. Different topical applications work to some extent but the real problem is candida. This could be quickly resolved by a round of Nizoral but doctors won't prescribe it. Instead I spend a fortune on yeast killing herbs and probiotics. The best probiotic in Threelac but it's expensive. It's been taking longer to work the past 3 years which probably means the yeast is growing an immunity to it. I am planning to get some black walnut hulls and hope for the best.

Comment from: sai, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

Since the past 2 years, I have been suffering from eczema and itching. I used many medicines but I didn't get any good results. Then I chose Neutralise wheat grass soap for my itching and eczema, since 30 days I'm using this soap, and it is giving me great results. Now my itching and eczema are reducing.

Comment from: Craig, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 26

I suffered a traumatic work related event in 1994 which resulted in me losing my job, my family, my house and financial investments. I was in a state of deep shock and was unable to think rationally. I didn't receive immediate treatment for PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) as I didn't know how the incident had affected me. It was only during the following 20 years that I discovered a fear of the workplace and I had difficulty in keeping a job. Only in 2015 did I begin receiving psychological therapy but the damage is severe. There is also a link to my childhood.

Comment from: Dan G, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

I was going 3 times a week to my dermatologist and receiving UV treatments in a booth. This worked fairly well for itching for a couple of years, however, it is no longer as effective.

Comment from: Pam J, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I wanted to share my story, I have had an itching problem for 3 years. So I tried everything from creams to pills and nothing helped. So l have been getting yeast infections from some of the pills that I take and it just dawned on me that the cream that stops the itching for yeast infections maybe would stop my itching. Lo and behold, it worked! I am so happy. I used Canesten or Monistat-Derm cream, a fungal cream. I hope this helps someone else.

Comment from: columbus buck, Published: January 14

I broke my 5th metatarsal bone on some steps and went to the hospital. They gave me a boot. I wore it for 7 weeks but it doesn't hurt where I broke the bone, it hurts in the middle of the foot and that is probably because I haven't walked on it for 7 weeks. So I guess it has to get used to weight on it, but I have to be patient. Wish me luck.

Comment from: Itchy Grandma, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I had hydroxyzine HCL 10 mg tablet, Allegra 180 mg tablet and triamcinolone acetonide cream, USP 0.1% for itching. I have been like this for one month now. I went to an allergist who claims it is food, cut out all of the food that came up on the test and the itching did not stop. I went to a dermatologist and was given medication and the itching has not stopped. I am having difficulty sleeping and feel miserable with this itch.

Itching - Cause Question: What was the cause of your itching?
Itching - Associated Symptoms Question: In addition to itching, what other signs or symptoms did you experience?
Itching - Scratching Prevention Question: How do you keep from scratching an itch? Please share helpful tips and suggestions.