Patient Comments: Itching - Associated Symptoms

In addition to itching, what other signs or symptoms did you experience?

Comment from: Joyce, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had cataract surgery in November 26, 2013 in the left eye and I have had continuous itching problems with it since. My doctor keeps telling me it's the membrane and he will perform laser surgery in April to correct this problem. Recently I have black spots floating around, very annoying and now there is an infection. My right eye was done in January 26, 2014 and is perfect. I keep saying it"s a defective lens but he keeps telling me no. Also the eye is always very dry.

Comment from: Kat49kan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

My itching started on my scalp. Then started on stomach; legs and arms. I took blood test which showed ANA was positive. Positive for what? Now heading to a rheumatologist for her to determine what's going on. It has been 6 months now and I am miserable.

Comment from: Itch-less - kloof, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have itchy night legs always and sometimes cramping night feet. I take a dissolved magnesium tablet to ease the cramps, and have noticed that the itchiness was considerably eased when taken. I then started taking two 565mg magnesium tablets every evening to see what effect they might have. That was a week ago, and so far I haven't had itchy legs waking me up once! Seems to work for me, so I certainly will continue.

Comment from: tmc1128, Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I was diagonosed with hypothyroidism. I am on medication and the test showed it is now normal. However, itchy all over and it is so annoying. It is like my nerve endings are doing there own thing and it is driving me nuts. Any help out there for this?

Comment from: sabrina28, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I had what appeared to be mosquito bites on my ankles,after a day or so one turned into a blister and my skin itched like crazy. Doctor said he was not sure what it was.

Comment from: nischal, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I usually have itching on my forehead and in my eyebrows. I want to know whether this is chronic or acute, and if it can be cured.

Comment from: edi, 19-24 Male Published: May 03

I feel like something is moving through my bloodstream, and it itches.

Comment from: fairy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I feel something crawling on my skin, in my hands, in my neck, back, and legs. I already took Benadryl, but the medication just made me sleepy and drowsy and the itchiness is still there. I am not sure what to do to ease my itchiness.

Itching - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your itching?
Itching - Cause Question: What was the cause of your itching?
Itching - Scratching Prevention Question: How do you keep from scratching an itch? Please share helpful tips and suggestions.