Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection (jock itch, vaginal itch), disease (hyperthyroidism, liver or kidney), reactions to drugs, and skin infestations (pubic or body lice). Treatment for itching varies depending on the cause of the itch.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Scabies are itch mites that burrow under the skin and produce intense itching that's usually worse at night. Symptoms of scabies...learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Anal itching is the irritation of the skin at the exit of the rectum, known as the anus, accompanied by the desire to scratch....learn more »
In This Article
Anal Itching Article
- Anal itching facts
- What is anal itching?
- What causes anal itching?
- What are additional symptoms associated with anal itching?
- What kind of doctor treats anal itching?
- How is the cause of anal itching diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for anal itching?
- Local anesthetics
- What if anal itching persists?
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as:
high...learn more »
In This Article
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters) Article
- Pregnancy definition and facts*
- How many weeks is a normal term pregnancy?
- What is the first trimester of pregnancy (week 1-week 12)?
- What is the second trimester of pregnancy (week 13-week 28)?
- What is the third trimester trimester of pregnancy (week 29-week 40)?
- How will my baby develop week by week?
- What are the changes that happen to a woman's body during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester of her pregnancy?
- Body aches
- Breast changes
- Fatigue, sleep problems
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Hemorrhoids during pregnancy
- Leg cramps
- Morning sickness
- Nasal problems
- Numb or tingling hands
- Stretch marks, skin changes
- Urinary frequency and leaking
- Varicose veins