Patient Comments: Itching - Cause

Question:What was the cause of your itching?

Comment from: nenengp, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

My dotor change my diaetic medication as I am diagnosed as diabetic 2. Then after taking the new medicine I developed hives and I'm itching in some specific parts of my body like the armpit and stomach and the anal region. I stopped taking my new med and doctor change it to another one and now it seems I have an allergic reactions almost every night even if I have not taken my med. I don.t know what causing it.

Comment from: mariusws, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

I just find my body itching at different places in different areas. I constantly find myself scratching different areas on my body, head, feet, stomach, arms, and face. It really is annoying because I can't sit still for long without having to move to scratch an area. I can't really remember when this started, but it's been ongoing for about a year. My skin feels very sensitive, it is almost irritating when I stroke my arm gently, because I can feel every hear movement intensity.

Comment from: morgana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

My itching was caused by a flare up in my multiple sclerosis due to a viral infection. It is still itchy and driving me crazy.

Itching - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your itching?
Itching - Associated Symptoms Question: In addition to itching, what other signs or symptoms did you experience?
Itching - Scratching Prevention Question: How do you keep from scratching an itch? Please share helpful tips and suggestions.