Patient Comments: Itching - Treatments

Question:What treatment did you receive for your itching?

Comment from: teri, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had an old wound on my foot that would not heal all the way. Several bumps came up on the foot and began to itch horribly. I could not get any relief until I used Cortizone 10. It relieved the itch and helped so much.

Comment from: verostar, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

It started with my daughter. She had a rash I believe on her hand and after a few weeks she was itching in other places on her body such as top of her feet, belly, ankles and back or sides of her armpits. It's been 6 months and 4 doctors later with no answers. I took her to dermatologist but still she has no relief. The weird thing is that I started to itch in all the same places and my new boyfriend started to itch a couple weeks ago. I went back to the dermatologist and told her what was going on, she still doesn't believe it's contagious. She says my daughter has severely dry skin, eczema, pruritus, but why am I itching! The medicines are not working. We have no lesions or marks other than the ones we got from scratching so much and they are small scabs. It's not scabies or bed bugs etc.

Comment from: Mary104, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

ATARAX-Depending on the causes when anxiety,pain, lack of sleep and itching. TRIAMCINOLONE ACCETONIDE-When spotty BETAMETHASONE DIPROPIONATE- for spots when they are on my scalp. Keep moisturized-use lotion throughout the day for the dry skin season CALMOSETINE-The tube has calamine and zinc so it works as a misture barrier. Great to use when skin is peeling. protect areas. It is gental enough to use on areas where a diaper may be placed.

Comment from: Itching all over, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

Zyrtec (Cetiridine)- 10-20 mg 1-2 times a day. Benadryl Famotidine 40 mg 1-2 times a day Atarax (hydroxizine) 25-50 mg 1-4 times a day Singulair 10 mg 1 time a day Protopic 0.1% for face Tiamcinolone Acetonide ointment 0.5% for body If I still had trouble all over, the doctor or PA would prescribe oral prednisone or methylprednisolone.

Comment from: KooKoo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

As someone who has had allergies all her life it seems like I always have some sort of irritant on my skin that's causing me to itch. I've found the Aveeno hydrocortisone cream to work wonders in stopping the itch while being kind to my skin. My only problem is remembering to have one everywhere I go.

Comment from: missy, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 06

I had an allergic reaction to something I ate (tomatoes, I think) and I developed an itchy rash along with wheezing. I went to urgent care where a doctor prescribed prednisone, which relieved the itching and the rash disappeared within a few days.

Itching - Cause Question: What was the cause of your itching?
Itching - Associated Symptoms Question: In addition to itching, what other signs or symptoms did you experience?
Itching - Scratching Prevention Question: How do you keep from scratching an itch? Please share helpful tips and suggestions.