Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Index
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms of:
Treatment for IBS includes diet changes, medications, and other lifestyle
changes to manage symptoms.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
In This Article
Intestinal Gas (Belching, Bloating, Flatulence) Article
- Intestinal gas definition and facts
- What causes belching or burping?
- What causes bloating?
- What causes and causes flatulence (gas)?
- What foods cause gas?
- What causes of intermittent abdominal bloating/distention?
- Which specialties of doctors treat excessive gas, belching, bloating, and flatulence?
- How are the causes of belching, bloating/distention, and flatulence evaluated?
- What is the treatment for excessive intestinal gas caused by medical
- What natural or home remedies help soothe and get rid of intestinal gas?
- What over-the-counter (OTC) products are available to soothe and cure excessive gas?
- What's new in intestinal gas?