iron w/stool softener sustained-release - oral (cont.)
OVERDOSE: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include: stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
NOTES: Laboratory tests (e.g., complete blood count) may be performed periodically to monitor your progress or check for side effects.Keep all regular medical and laboratory appointments.This medication is not a substitute for a proper diet. It is important to maintain a well-balanced diet. Foods rich in iron include red meats (especially liver), fish, beans, dried fruit, and iron-fortified/enriched cereals and bread.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Refer to storage information printed on the package. If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist. Keep all products away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 9/22/2010
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index