Patient Comments: Iron Deficiency - Detection

How was your iron deficiency detected?

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

At a routine physical my doctor decided to check my thyroid due to my thinning hair. The lab called me the next day telling me to go straight to the emergency room. My count was dangerously low and I needed a blood transfusion right away. My hair came back, but keeping my levels where they should be is a constant battle.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My iron deficiency was detected at the labs, I had low iron over 10 years ago prior to recent event.

Comment from: DaiTorro14, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I had a blood test done (August 15th) and I was positive for this disorder.

Comment from: SCCntryboy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I am a regular blood platelet donor and was rejected after my test results showed I had an iron deficiency.

Iron Deficiency - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with your iron deficiency?
Iron Deficiency - Treatment Question: If you have an iron deficiency, what type of treatment or supplements do you take?
Iron Deficiency - Pregnant Women Question: If you are pregnant with an iron deficiency, please discuss how it was detected and is being treated.
Iron Deficiency - Diet Question: Which iron-rich foods have you added to your diet? Have you noticed a difference in the way you feel?