Patient Comments: Iritis - Causes

What caused your iritis?

Comment from: JJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

My iritis occurred in Aug of 2010. With no previous family history of this condition and no systemic health issues per tests, I've concluded that stress was the initial cause as I have high myopia which may be the weak point in my body (non-scientific analysis). My iritis would keep reoccurring almost monthly once I was off steroids and I was labelled a "recurrent" patient. To make a long story short, iritis has not reoccurred (knock on wood) since I've been taking blueberries, now 2 blueberry concentrate capsules daily.

Comment from: john, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 20

Ankylosing spondylitis caused my iritis.

Comment from: Tickler, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I got it from shingles on face and eye.

Iritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with iritis.
Iritis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your iritis?
Iritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your iritis?