Patient Comments: Iritis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your iritis?

Comment from: peace, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I am sensitive to light but it is a very different pain from my corneal ulcer. Iritis is more like stubbing pain, painful touching my eye ball, and looking toward some positions, red which looks like blood, in some spots. It is swollen mostly early morning and sharp pain like headache only above my right eye, which gets better after I put my eye drop which is neomycin, 4 times day for a week.

Comment from: Tezza, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I lost my sight in both eyes for three months with acute iritis when I was 17 years of age in 1962, the treatment for this condition appears to be the same today by using steroids and a substitute for atropine. I am now 69 years old, still driving and have an eye test twice a year. I just replaced my spectacles but still have my sight.

Comment from: IndyGirl55, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I have lived with iritis for over 15 years now. I"ve had to get steroid injections in my eyes several times. Some years are better than others but I wouldn"t wish this on my worst enemy.

Iritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with iritis.
Iritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your iritis?
Iritis - Causes Question: What caused your iritis?