Patient Comments: Iritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with iritis.

Comment from: Relieved, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I thought I had something in my eye and the next day it got worse from the flashes of a camera. I took out my contact lenses and my eye was so red and so sensitive to the light and gave me the worst headache. I went to the doctor the next day she said it was an abrasion. I got some eye drops, felt a little relief, went outside for a minute and my eye was in so much pain again and I got a headache. Finally I went to the emergency room and they sent me to the specialist and it was iritis and uveitis (no abrasion). I have to keep my eyes dilated for a couple of days and use prednisone acetate drops every hour I"m awake. I also did some blood work I have a follow up in two days this has been the worst pain of my life!

Comment from: Meeting Place, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have severe redness of the eye, itching, and some very sharp pain. I had a cataract removed two weeks ago, and I was told last week I now have iritis. I also have sensitivity to light. On a bright sunny day I can hardly stand for the light to hit my eye, and the same with the lamp or electric lights in the house.

Comment from: Arlene, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I was diagnosed with Iritis of the eye after being seen in the emergency room with sharp shooting pains in the eye which was red, watering and so sensitive to light that I could not stand it. I was being treated for conjunctivitis, with a follow up in 2 days. I did get some relief, but then was referred to an ophthalmologist and got the right diagnosis, now I am on steroid drops plus a drop for dilating the pupil.

Comment from: Maria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

My doctor thought at first I had pink eye! I did not believe him so I walked into an eye clinic and from there I saw 2 different eye surgeons. They both agree I have Iritis due to my rheumatoid arthritis which I inherited from my father! So now I am on a steroid every day! One drop a day in the one eye! I have been on this drop for 4 years now! It is the only thing that works now! I have tried numerous drugs and none worked, the drop once a day seems to work!

Comment from: ARIM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I've now been living with chronic iritis for almost 30 years. I'm not blind since taking care of this illness into my own hands and working out the best treatment with both medical and alternative practitioners. The doctors caused me major problems with their steroid and pressure drops. A 3 months program of killing the iritis cells and getting off the drugs now works very well.

Iritis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your iritis?
Iritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your iritis?
Iritis - Causes Question: What caused your iritis?