Patient Comments: Iritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with iritis.

Comment from: Arlene, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I was diagnosed with Iritis of the eye after being seen in the emergency room with sharp shooting pains in the eye which was red, watering and so sensitive to light that I could not stand it. I was being treated for conjunctivitis, with a follow up in 2 days. I did get some relief, but then was referred to an ophthalmologist and got the right diagnosis, now I am on steroid drops plus a drop for dilating the pupil.

Comment from: ARIM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I've now been living with chronic iritis for almost 30 years. I'm not blind since taking care of this illness into my own hands and working out the best treatment with both medical and alternative practitioners. The doctors caused me major problems with their steroid and pressure drops. A 3 months program of killing the iritis cells and getting off the drugs now works very well.

Iritis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your iritis?
Iritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your iritis?
Iritis - Causes Question: What caused your iritis?