- Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
- Childhood Illnesses Picture Slideshow
- Take the ADHD Quiz
- Patient Comments: Intussusception - Child&39;s Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Intussusception - Your Child's Experience
- Patient Comments: Intussusception - Treatment
- Find a local Gastroenterologist in your town
- Intussusception facts
- What is intussusception?
- What happens during intussusception?
- Is intussusception an urgent problem?
- Who is at greatest risk for intussusception?
- What causes intussusception?
- Why is rapid diagnosis of intussusception important?
- What are the symptoms of intussusception?
- How is intussusception diagnosed?
- Is it necessary to operate when there is intussusception?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with intussusception?
What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with intussusception?
The outlook for intussusception is usually good with early diagnosis and treatment. Early detection and treatment are paramount.
Medically reviewed by Margaret Walsh, MD; American Board of Pediatrics
Chien M et.al. Management of the child after Enema-Reduced Intussusception: hospital or home; Journal of Emergency Medicine; 2011, May. doi:10.1016/j.jemermed.2012.02.030