Patient Comments: Interstitial Cystitis - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your interstitial cystitis?

Comment from: Ma ma G, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have had IC for almost 10 years. I had a two-year remission but now it is back--probably due to a yeast infection, vaginitis, and stress. I am just recovering from shoulder surgery and the death of my father, so that explains the stress. I'm interested in hearing about natural treatments for IC. I have thyroid, osteoporosis and chronic fatigue issues. It seems that there is a chronic inflammation that causes these issues. I am going to return to my nutritionist and try acupuncture again.

Comment from: Sharyn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I have had a sharp stabbing pain from the outer area or my vagina radiating to my left ovary area. This increased over six months with several bladder infections/UTI with the pain increasing 2-3 on the pain scale. Then I ended up having such severe pain that I was screaming the house down and ending up in hospital. I had six of these bouts with nothing being done other than staying in hospital, having tests which told the docs nothing. Just continued pain relief and antibiotics. Finally had a cystoscopy and biopsy and it was agreed that it was Chronic Cystitis. After reading this article, I believe it is Interstitial Cystitis related to my MS.

Comment from: Gpugh, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I'm 26 now and had interstitial cystitis since I was 15 but it wasn't diagnosed till I was 18. I had to have a biopsy to test for this debilitating condition. I had bladder washes, tablets and had been turned down to have sacral nerve stimulation and was told my condition wasn't severe enough even though I need the toilet and go up to 30 times a day. My urologist is seeing me next Tuesday the 3rd may 2011 really hope it helps.

Interstitial Cystitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with interstitial cystitis.