Patient Comments: Interstitial Cystitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with interstitial cystitis.

Comment from: vernoti, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I was just diagnosed, but I don't understand, I never have to go. I had my ovary removed and the doctor said he found cystitis. Since my operation I have had pain and difficulty urinating but never had this problem before. Everyone has frequent urination, but I don't. The doctor said my nerves have been blocked that is why I don't feel the urge. Could this be right?

Comment from: angelwingsf38, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have always had urinary problems but I finally got an answer when I just couldn't urinate anymore. I had a cystoscopy done and that is when I found out that I had IC. My doctor did the Bladder Instillation (Intravesical therapy), and it helped for awhile. Now I am looking at the oral medicine Elmiron to see if it will help. I can tell you this disease is not fun and does tend to run your life.

Interstitial Cystitis - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your interstitial cystitis?