Patient Comments: Internal Bleeding: Cause of Bleeding - Experience

What was the cause of internal bleeding?

Comment from: dont know, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 07

My Mom went under surgery for breast cancer and according to the doctors the operation was a success. A few weeks following the surgery my Mom died. The death Certificate or pathology report read that she died of internal bleeding. It is of my personal opinion that the surgeon performed a poor operation of my mom which resulted in the internal bleeding and her death.

Comment from: greeneyes, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

Recently I was hospitalized for internal bleeding. I thought I was having muscle spasms. I was rushed into surgery and a soft ball size blood clot was removed, along with blood in my abdomen. All together 2700cc of blood was removed from my abdomen. The doctors don't have a clue as to what happened. I didn't have any injury or warning that I was sick. The doctors told me my blood clot was 2-3 days old and I was bleeding 15-16 hours prior to surgery.

Comment from: none, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 18

I'm not sure how bad my condition is but I have been constipated and used suppositories yesterday and that helped my remove a few stools, they were green, but I tried using another one today and nothing came out when I finally gave up I wiped off blood it was bright but there was also a small amount of dark blood.

Internal Bleeding - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with internal bleeding?
Internal Bleeding - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams you had to find the source of internal bleeding.
Internal Bleeding - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive to identify and stop the source of internal bleeding?