Patient Comments: Internal Bleeding - Diagnosis

Describe the tests and exams you had to find the source of internal bleeding.

Comment from: Laporoscopy/colonosc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I started having the red bowels and running stomach for about 2 or 3 months nonstop. The doctors did some blood tests but nothing seems to be found wrong, but the bleeding continued. They then referred me to do further tests. They took me for laparoscopy and colonoscopy only to find that it is Grand-Pa headache powder. I've been told to stop using it and I stopped, but it's been a month now and bleeding has not stopped yet. They told me it will take time but I wonder how long it will take for bleeding and running stomach to stop.

Comment from: Mary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I had 10 IV iron infusions and after several months I went back to the doctor and hematologist and she said the counts are way under again. I had scan and show no bleeding, and she says I need 10 more iron infusions. I wonder if the iron infusions will help again as the count read the same when I started going to doctor.

Comment from: bowels, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been treated for bleeding in the bowels and had a tube up through me and one down through me. They say its hemorrhoids but it cannot be, that"s my opinion.

Internal Bleeding: Cause of Bleeding - Experience Question: What was the cause of internal bleeding?
Internal Bleeding - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with internal bleeding?
Internal Bleeding - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive to identify and stop the source of internal bleeding?