Patient Comments: Internal Bleeding - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with internal bleeding?

Comment from: eeyore67, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I had occult blood stool cards positive for blood. I've also been having stomach pain, cramps, nausea, and heartburn. I believe my stomach is irritated and bleeding from the medication I take every day. I'm going for a colonoscopy. I hope it's nothing serious like cancer. I'm very scared.

Comment from: Amelia, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I fell on the steps; hitting about five. And broke lower leg and ankle which got twisted around. In the emergency room (ER), my foot was reduced and next day operation had 28 stitches, plate, etc. While in rehabilitation I had severe pain in my thigh, and doctor checked for leg clots and breaks. Pain was unbearable even with narcotics. I was sent to the ER again and by then my tummy was like a balloon, one look from my doctor (who was there) and he had a CT done stat, had an orange size blood clot which was bleeding into the cavity at my groin. I was put in the critical care department and was not able to be transferred (my daughter had asked). I understand if this was not caught within a few more hours, I would not be here now. I ended with about 8 units of blood since surgery. I am fortunate, it has been 11 months and I'm alive, but I still have nerve damage in my thigh causing my pain.

Comment from: sue123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I have anemia with an iron level of 2, hemoglobin level of 7 and have had some stool samples, which in which they have found some blood. I don't know what the cause of this could be. Next, they will do a scan.

Internal Bleeding: Cause of Bleeding - Experience Question: What was the cause of internal bleeding?
Internal Bleeding - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams you had to find the source of internal bleeding.
Internal Bleeding - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive to identify and stop the source of internal bleeding?