Patient Comments: Insulin Pump - Experience

Please describe the type of insulin pump you use, and your experience with the pump.

Comment from: AZgrandma, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have worn a Medtronic insulin pump for about 7 years. When I began using the device my insulin usage was at 60 to 90 units per day; now I am using 25 to 30 units of Humalog Insulin a day. I know that this little devise significantly improved my daily quality of life and in all probability actually saved my life. I was what they call a "brittle" diabetic and my blood glucose scores bounced up and down like a rubber ball. When I started using the pump, my A1C"s were in the 11-12.5 range; they are now 6.0 to 7.3.