- What is diabetes?
- What are the types of diabetes?
- What are the symptoms of diabetes?
- What are examples of insulin preparations available?
- For what type of diabetes is insulin prescribed?
- What are the side effects of insulin?
- What is the dosage and how is insulin administrated?
- What are the contraindications, warnings, and precautions for insulin?
- Which drugs interact with insulin?
- How well does insulin treat diabetes?
- What is the mechanism of action (how it works) for insulin?
What is diabetes?
What are the types of diabetes?
The related diseases of diabetes include:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome (syndrome X)
- Insulin resistance (a condition that precedes the development of type 2 diabetes)
Quick GuideType 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.