Patient Comments: Insomnia - Treatment

What treatments were effective with your case of insomnia?

Comment from: gwen, 75 or over Female Published: August 18

I have had insomnia for approximately 7 years. I had breast surgery and I had chemo and radiation. I have not had insomnia, do not get sleepy, every night. Amin Cr helps me more, but I do not have any, and my doctor doesn't want to give me much, but he does not know how I feel the next morning. After not sleeping approximately 2 - 4 hours.

Comment from: Pretty tired, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I started taking medication for insomnia 10 years ago after the death of my son. I have been using them ever since and I still cannot sleep. I get myself into trouble quite often by taking extra medication because the first one doesn't work and I am now going through a transition that nothing regardless of how much I take will help me sleep more than 3 hours and then I can't sleep anymore.

Comment from: yellow, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

I exercise and nightly dose of 12.5-25mg trazodone.

Insomnia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with insomnia.
Insomnia - Causes Question: What caused your insomnia?
Insomnia - Sleep Hygiene Question: Describe the types of sleep hygiene you practice to treat insomnia. What works for you?
Insomnia - Medications Question: What medications have you taken to relieve your case of insomnia? Please relate your experience.
Insomnia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with insomnia?
Insomnia - Non-Medical Treatments Question: What non-medical treatments have been effective for insomnia?