Patient Comments: Insomnia - Experience

Please describe your experience with insomnia.

Comment from: ingenuechan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

My sleep pattern is as follows: I lay down tired and instantly feel awake. I toss and turn until I fall asleep. As soon as I start to fall asleep the sweating starts. I kick off my covers and I"m cold and sweating. I"ll fall asleep around 11 and wake up between 2 and 3 am with my heart pounding. If I turnover, sometimes it feels like I get an adrenaline rush and I am instantly awake for the rest of the night. Then I will get tired around 10 am and pass out if I can, usually this isn"t the case. I have always had some difficulty sleeping ever since I was a child but in the last 3 months I have to say it has gotten exponentially worse. I do realize what some of the underlying stress factors are and am trying to reconcile those issues. I wonder if it is just insomnia or if I have hyperthyroidism.

Comment from: aly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I find sleeping quite difficult although there is enough time. I have daily mood swings, low temperance and get angry quickly.

Comment from: Debbie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

Ever since I had bariatric surgery I wake up in the middle of the night every night. I am bipolar so my psychiatrists said to take my morning klonopin when I wake up. I also have sleep apnea and that doctor put me on Sonesta. I take it and sleep for 2 hours. I hate this. I used to have trouble falling asleep but now I pass out because I am so tired.

Insomnia - Treatment Question: Please describe your effective treatments with insomnia.
Insomnia - Causes Question: What caused your insomnia?
Insomnia - Sleep Hygiene Question: Describe the types of sleep hygiene you practice to treat insomnia. What works for you?
Insomnia - Medications Question: What medications have you taken to relieve your insomnia? Please relate your experience.
Insomnia - Symptoms Question: What are the symptoms of your insomnia?
Insomnia - Experience Question: Please share your experience with insomnia.
Insomnia - Non-Medical Treatments Question: What non-medical treatments have been effective for insomnia?
Insomnia - Other Factors Question: What situational or stress factors cause you to suffer from insomnia?
Insomnia - Causes Question: What was the cause of your case of insomnia?