Patient Comments: Ingrown Toenail - Causes

What caused your ingrown toenails?

Comment from: Taking control, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

Now I'm worried. I have had one ingrown toenail removed. When the nail grew back it only grew halfway across my toe then began going straight through my toe. I started having a lot of pain and found that it is now growing back toward the opposite side. It is basically cutting off part of my toe. I wonder if the will still be able to remove the nail in the office if it is causing this much damage. I just remember bleeding a lot the first time and this one is causing much more damage.

Comment from: Ingrown toenail, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 19

The problem started with one toe 4 to 5 years back and still I am facing this problem. Now recently, the problem started for the other toe also.

Ingrown Toenail - Treatments Question: What home remedy treatments were effective for your ingrown toenail?
Ingrown Toenail - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with ingrown toenails.
Ingrown Toenail - Doctors Question: What type of doctor did you see for your ingrown toenail?
Ingrown Toenail - Surgery Question: Did you have a surgical procedure for your ingrown toenail? Please share your story.
Ingrown Toenail - Prevention Question: If you're prone to ingrown toenails, how do you try to prevent a toenail trauma or injury?