Patient Comments: Flu (Influenza) - Symptoms

Please describe your flu symptoms.

Comment from: twin, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I am having a sinus congestion and chest cold that is causing a lot of coughing, and it hurts when I cough.

Comment from: Lady, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

My flu symptoms are extreme chills, dizzy ringing in ears, sinus congestion, severe fatigue, and agitation.

Comment from: RobinKS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

My flu symptoms are chills, fever of 100 and a little higher, deep cough, mild headache, scratchy throat (little), and aches.

Comment from: Crg2901, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I have flu now going on two weeks; never in my life was it this bad and I got flu shot 3 months ago. It started with cough, muscle aches, fever, upset stomach, and headache. One night was so bad I went to hospital, I thought I was going to die. I am so tired sleeping all day and night, sweating. I have no energy, mouth sores, cold sores, and no appetite. Usually when I get flu, it's there few days then it's gone. I've missed 9 days of work already and I'm wondering if getting the flu shot actually made me get a worse case of the flu.

Comment from: rknott2612, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

My flu symptoms are headache, pressure behind nose and eyes, swollen glands, sore throat, runny nose like a faucet, aches and pains, and cough when mucus builds up. I am not sure about fever, I do feel hot and have chills.

Comment from: Rick, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 26

I had a flu shot in October at the doctor's office. The doctor asked if I had a flu shot this year. I said no. Before I had a chance to think about it he got the syringe and injected me. In a few days I was sick and stayed sick for 2 weeks disrupting my plans to go to a political fundraiser. Also there was a weird side effect. A warm feeling in my left upper thigh that came and went for 2 and a half days.

Comment from: Hate to be sick, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 02

Four days after flu shot I suddenly came down with a fever (under 101) extreme fatigue, ear ringing and a headache. Headache went in 24 hours with Advil. Fever went in 48 hours. Now I have diarrhea.

Comment from: vern, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 13

I had the 2015-16 flu shot and now I have sweats. Then I had chills, upset stomach and dizziness for 3 days.

Comment from: TKoftheMW, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I had the flu for the last 3 days. My throat hurt, my glands were extremely painful and swollen, my joints ached like never before, severe headache, and I had a fever of 103.9 while on Tylenol. I literally slept 24 hours. I am now feeling better, but my glands are still very sore and I tire easily. I am wondering if I am still contagious if it's just my glands that are sore.

Flu (Influenza) - Side Effects Question: Did you experience any side effects with the flu vaccine?
Flu (Influenza) - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies and/or over-the-counter treatments have helped your flu symptoms?