Patient Comments: Flu (Influenza) - Symptoms

Question:Please describe your flu symptoms.

Comment from: emcnyc, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I had fatigue on day one. Days two and three I had terrible headache, fever over 103 and sinus pain; days three and four, low grade fever. Cough developed and continued with sinus congestion. I have extreme fatigue, cough and congestion and I am now into week three. My husband had the flu first and he got the flu shot this year.

Comment from: TootiesMom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had the flu 3 weeks ago. It took me almost two weeks to get back to work but since then every afternoon I start getting a head ache muscle aches and a fever of 99.3 to 99.8. I went back to the doctor. She did another flu test, a strep test and pricked my finger. My left side lymph gland is swollen and sore also. My white cell count was a little elevated so she gave me a Z Pack. It did nothing. I don"t know what to do now. Go back to the doctor, I guess.

Comment from: BrianK40, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 29

I began having symptoms a week and a half ago, typical flu. My daughter and wife got it 2 days later. My cough has subsided and my nose runs a little but I basically have no appetite, and it is 13 days later since it started. I felt a little better than I have, last night, and ate pizza, breadsticks and cinnamon bread. This morning I was feeling fine but ever since I got sick I have had this enormous feeling (anxiety) of something seriously wrong and this morning I had a severe case of diarrhea (A watery blow out). I went to the doctor just to get checked out yesterday and he told me that my body needed adjusting after the flu (seasonal).

Comment from: Patti, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I started last Thursday night with sharp pains through my body, very high fever and slight nausea. It's now the following Tuesday and I'm hurting in my lower intestines, very sore. I have constipation and my back aches pretty bad. I am still running a slight fever but only when I exert myself. I'm not used to being this sick. I'm 70 and have had the flu just twice in my life, both times I was young. I never had a flu shot but maybe it's time!

Comment from: JamesHHH, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

I first started a week ago with a sore throat and now a week later I have a horrible sinus problem along with aching teeth and horrible joint pain. I can't sleep because of this flu and I just want a good night's sleep! My nose has been rubbed dry because of the tissues and each time I blow my nose my head gets even more pressurized! I have found if your nose hurts really bad, to put some ice on it to numb it. It helped me.

Comment from: Sickwiththeflu, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

First I started feeling a little tired, dizzy and nauseous. No cough, just runny nose. After a few days, it hit me! Oh my goodness, I feel like a zombie. I can only get up to 2/3 hours a day and the rest of the day I"m in bed! I would say that"s the worse part of flu. Now my left tonsil and ear are infected.

Comment from: Flip, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I woke up at 3:30 AM sneezing and feverish. Went back to sleep till about 5:30 and man oh man! I have fever, body aches, eyes burn, lethargy and stomach ache. I am a mess!

Comment from: raider1222, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I have a severe headache since this morning, and it keeps getting worse. When I try to cough my head above my ears is in severe pain. I also have chills, body aches, loss of appetite, frequent urination. I do not and have not had a fever.

Comment from: Brena, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

On Wednesday night I had a mild cough, sore throat and a stuffy nose. I thought it was my allergies or a mild cold. At work the next day I was tired, not feeling myself, a little more cough, sore throat, stuffy nose and not hungry. In the night I was worse. When I woke up Friday I had a fever of 101, chills, tiredness, bad throat, constant coughing, dizziness and headache. Today is Saturday and fever over 101 continues, symptoms continue. I take Motrin and this helps some with fever. I bought Sucrets to help with my sore throat. The cough is driving me crazy.

Flu (Influenza) - Side effects Question: Did you experience any side effects with the flu vaccine?

Adult Skin Problems Slideshow