Patient Comments: Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) - Treatments

What kinds of treatment, therapy, or medication have you received for your inflammatory bowel disease?

Comment from: linda77, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1986 and had the diseased portion removed by surgery. My Crohn's disease has remained in remission. I recently started having very bad gas. Recently, I went for a colonoscopy and no signs of the disease but my small bowel has narrowed somewhat and the diagnosis by the surgeon was to leave it alone. The bad gas is limiting my activity. If I am going out I have to not eat until I get back or have "Ensure" or take a laxative to make sure my bowel is empty. I am frustrated with this problem. I think my next move will see my gastroenterologist in Vancouver, B.C.

Comment from: Twinkles, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been given Metronidazole 3 times a day. Have been taking it 4 days. I still have diarrhea. Taking meds for that too.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Experience Question: Please describe the inflammatory bowel disease you suffer from.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Fistulas Question: Were you diagnosed with fistulas? Please describe your symptoms.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Colon Cancer Question: If you have IBD, what are your concerns about developing colon cancer?
Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Complications Question: What are the complications you've experienced with IBD? How have these been treated?