Patient Comments: Infertility - Cause

What is the cause of your infertility?

Comment from: Lizzy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

Approximately 10 years ago I had corrective surgery for a prolapsed uterus. Since then I have suffered severe incontinence. Doctors keep insisting that it is due to childbirth but my children were all in their late 30s to early 40s (now all in mid-40s) when the problem first occurred and it seems a large coincidence that the incontinence didn't start until after the prolapse surgery. I have been prescribed two different kinds of medication to reduce the incontinence, both of which caused side effects so they had to be discontinued. I have been doing pelvic floor exercises for years and they haven't helped. I have no other health problems but consultants will not offer surgery. I know a woman who had the same problem as myself, she had surgery 5 years ago and has had no problems since. She is approximately the same age as myself and now has her life back but I am still having to live with this problem.

Comment from: KB, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

My being unable to conceive is related to my partner's low sperm count. After doing a lot of tests he is taking infertility pills to assist in improving his sperm count. Never give up in life, everything happens for a reason.

Comment from: London gal, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I was told by NHS (National Health Service) doctors that my infertility was unexplained. I had all the tests taken and everything was fine, so we put it down to stress. This lasted over a period of 3 years between blood tests, Hyspan angiogram, internal scans and Clomid trial for 6 months. There was nothing wrong found. I had laparoscopy done privately at a hospital as was suggested and they found nothing wrong. Then they had some expensive blood tests done in a private clinic to check for "natural killer cells" and I came up positive! This is when your white blood cells or your immune system is overactive and rejects anything in your body that is foreign. A fetus has your partner's DNA as well, so does not recognize it and expels it from the body! I am now having treatment to calm down my immunity.

Comment from: lili, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I am a 25 years old lady, I have been trying to get pregnant for about 8 years now. I don't know what to take anymore. I have a 26 days cycle and I menstruate for 5 days, my blood has a lot of clots. I have been pregnant in 2007 which is 8 years back and I did an abortion because I was at school. Since then I can't conceive, I went to doctors but I can"t seem to be getting any help.

Comment from: cantwait2bamomy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I can only guess that my infertility is due to my athleticism while growing up. I was a gymnast and a cheerleader. I trained more in one week than most children/teenagers. I was a size 0 until I was 16 when I had to start taking birth control to regulate my period. The birth control added a few pounds, so now I am of average weight. My doctor and her nurse practitioners have told me the same thing for the past year: "We don't know why this happens, but your body is not producing the 'king daddy' follicle." My next appointment to check on my ovarian cysts is in May. If they cannot provide any additional information or help than they have already provided, I may go to another doctor.

Comment from: onomski, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I don't ovulate every month, and clomiphene doesn't work for me. I don't know what to do at this point – I've been married for four years now.

Comment from: Dillon, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I was with a girl who had chlamydia and didn't tell me until one year after we broke up. So now I suffer from infertility and can't have kids. I want to be a father someday but thanks to her I will never have that chance.

Published: March 09

My infertility is based on two blocked fallopian tubes HSG confirmed and the only thing that can help per doctor is surgery.

Infertility - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences with infertility.