Infectious Mononucleosis Index
Infectious mononucleosis is a virus infection in which there is an increase of white blood cells
that are mononuclear (with a single nucleus) "Mono" and "kissing
disease" are popular terms for this very common illness caused by the
Epstein-Barr virus (EBV).
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain
- amoxicillin, Amoxil, Dispermox (Discontinued), Trimox, Moxatag, Larotid
- Penicillin (Antibiotics)
- erythromycin, Eryc, Ery-Tab, E.E.S, Eryped, PCE, (E-Mycin, Ilosone, and Pediazole are discontinued)
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...learn more »
In This Article
- Fatigue Facts
- Fatigue introduction
- What causes fatigue?
- What are the signs and symptoms of fatigue?
- How is the cause of fatigue diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for fatigue?
- Can fatigue be prevented?
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »