Patient Comments: Cardiology

How long did it take you to recover after your cardioverter defibrillator was implanted? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Rebel, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 11

I needed absolutely no recovery time after my cardioverter defibrillator was implanted. I was told not to reach overhead or lift over ten pounds. I was also restricted from driving or riding lawn mower. I have used yard and garden tools after one month. I have used an electric chain saw a little, but not a gasoline saw.

Comment from: Cats3929, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I have had 4 ICDs (implantable cardioverter defibrillator) implanted since 1994. I have not had any problems! It has shocked me many times to save my life!

Cardiology Question: Do you suffer from tachycardias? What happened that made you seek the doctor who diagnosed your problem?
Cardiology Question: Have outside electronics interfered with your implanted cardioverter defibrillator? Please explain what happened.