Patient Comments: Impingement Syndrome - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of impingement Syndrome?

Comment from: loverskey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I can't sleep at night, can't sleep on the side of shoulder pain, I can't put my hand behind back, and I have shooting pain down arm. I have tried everything for impingement syndrome, including injections and physical therapy. I am frustrated.

Comment from: Psychologist82, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

After a really bad dislocation I had 3 surgeries to repair my torn labrum and cut my bicep tendon because it was so damaged. Fast forward two years and here I am with catching pain, and instability in my shoulder. I didn't know impingement could feel so bad. Physical therapy isn't working and I have a bone spur and partial rotator cuff tear, so a 4th surgery is looking like a real possibility.

Comment from: jerilynn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have so much pain in my right shoulder when trying to lift anything or to lay on it. It hurts down my arm and into my shoulder. I'm having trouble sleeping at night and have had several shots over the past 18 months and anti-inflammatories but nothing is helping. I've had x-rays done and an MRI last week and they said there is no rotator cuff tear so I'm wondering if it could be this impingement syndrome.

Comment from: Brunnhilde, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

My symptoms of impingement syndrome were, popcorn popping sound each time shoulder is raised, with sharp pain extending down to mid arm, restricted range of motion (ROM) of shoulder all directions.

Comment from: Hester, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have pain in right shoulder, more so when picking up light objects, shutting doors, turning over in bed and excruciating pain when pulling a sheet up.

Impingement Syndrome - Treatments Question: What are your treatments of impingement syndrome?