Patient Comments: Impetigo - Contagious Setting

Did someone in your household catch impetigo from a highly contagious setting? Share your experience.

Comment from: bull8807, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I work at a medical clinic and I'm quite certain I caught it there. I realized I had a small cut one morning at work and bandaged it, but did not clean it first (definitely never do this, learned my lesson). Within a week I had a rash all over my upper and lower limbs, and blisters that resemble acne on my face.

Comment from: Melly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My son got impetigo before Christmas, really bad. He had to go to our local hospital for antibiotics and cream. Then I came down with it 2 weeks ago. I am going to see the doctor on Tuesday. I am 64 and my son is 33 so it is right, you can get it at any age.

Comment from: 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 17

My son was 2 years old when he got impetigo. He contracted it from his daycare. He is now going to be 5 and nothing seems to work except for Neosporin. Even while using it he still gets it every month. It all starts with a bite from a spider or mosquito.

Comment from: Joy, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

My three sons got Impetigo from a water park last October. It was my son"s birthday party and by the end of the party 2 children had skin irritation. Within the next two weeks the three boys had Impetigo and one friend from the party too. Antibiotic ointment cleared it up but two boys have red dots still on their faces 4 months later. Even Bio oil is not clearing the scars.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

I caught impetigo at one of the hospitals I was taking my daughter to while she was Ill. I was well, and now I have a contagious disease.

Comment from: wrestlingmom, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

My daughter got it from wrestling.

Comment from: KT, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My stepson caught impetigo from a water park.

Impetigo - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your impetigo last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Impetigo - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your impetigo?
Impetigo - Causes Question: If known, what caused impetigo in you or your child?