Patient Comments: Impetigo - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your impetigo last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: Rob, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I have had impetigo all of my life picked it up when I was kid I get it mostly around my lips on my face the one thing I found that work suggest by a doctor that is over the counter drug is Neosporin antibiotic I apply it several times daily and it is usually gone about 1 week.

Comment from: Danielle, 3-6 Female Published: August 27

I had impetigo when I was in elementary school. I don't remember too much about it except that is was around my nose. I don't know where I got it. I went to the doctor for medicine, and it went away. I haven't had it since.

Published: July 16

I recently suffered with impetigo. It lasted a little over a week after starting antibiotics and topical mupirocin. I suffered with immense itching that was relieved with Benadryl and Ibuprofen.

Impetigo - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your impetigo?
Impetigo - Causes Question: If known, what caused impetigo in you or your child?
Impetigo - Contagious Setting Question: Did someone in your household catch impetigo from a highly contagious setting? Share your experience.