Image Collection: Diseases of Pigment
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
22. Picture of Vitiligo on Back
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Vitiligo. These are more illustrations of fairly extensive cases of vitiligo. The condition tends to progress and may even become universal. A variety of treatment modalities are commonly employed, with varying degrees of success. The patient and family should be made aware of the sophisticated cover-up cosmetics that are now available. The use of broad-spectrum sunscreen lotions during the summer months minimizes the con- trast between normal and involved skin. For some patients, the application of topical corticosteroids alone or with brief natural sunlight exposure early in the course of the disease may induce repigmentation. Narrowband UUB is also an effective treatment. Varying combinations of topical or oral psoralens and ultraviolet A light (PUVA) are used in the treatment of vitiligo.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?