Image Collection: Viral Skin Diseases
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
25. Picture of Verruca Vulgaris
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Verruca vulgaris. The common wart is a benign growth caused by localized infection with one of the many types of human papillomavirus. These small DNA viruses are part of the papovavirus group. Warts are especially common among children and adolescents and may occur on any mucocutaneous surface. The hands are a particularly frequent location. The typical wart is a roughsurfaced nodule that may be either lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?