Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Skin tag: A small tag of skin that may be squat (sessile) or on a stalk (a peduncle). Skin tags commonly occur on the eyelids, neck, armpits, upper chest, and groin. This tiny benign tumor of the skin usually causes no symptoms unless it is repeatedly irritated as, for example, by a collar. Treatment may involve freezing the skin tag with liquid nitrogen or cutting off the skin tag with a scalpel or scissors if the skin tag is irritating or cosmetically unwanted. Also known as acrochordon.
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories: