Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Psoriasis: A reddish, scaly rash often located over the surfaces of the elbows, knees, scalp, and around or in the ears, navel, genitals or buttocks. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that is mediated by T lymphocytes. It is also a very common disease, Chronic plaque psoriasis affects approximately 2% of people around the world. About 10% to 15% of patients with psoriasis develop joint inflammation (inflammatory arthritis). Treatment options include topical steroid creams, topical vitamin D derivatives, other medications, injections of biologic agents, and exposure to ultraviolet light.
See also: Erythrodermic psoriasis; Flexural psoriasis; Guttate psoriasis; Inverse psoriasis; Plaque psoriasis ; Psoriatic arthritis.
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication