Image Collection: Scalp, Hair and Nails
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
4. Picture of Onychomycosis (Fungal Nail Infection)
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Onychomycosis: Fungus infection of the nail bed under the fingernails or toenails. Onychomycosis makes the nails look white and opaque, thickened, and brittle. It usually produces no symptoms other than a cosmetic problem. Treatment includes avoiding artificial nails, using safer application techniques and only new artificial nails, and using topical and oral antifungal medications. Also known as nail fungus and tinea unguium.
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories: