Picture of Multiple Lentigines Syndrome (Face)
- L -- lentigines (dark freckles) on the head and neck
- E -- electrocardiogram (EKG) abnormalities
- O -- ocular hyperteleorism (wide-spacing of the eyes)
- P -- pulmonary stenosis
- A -- abnormal genitalia
- R -- retardation of growth
- D -- deafness (sensorineural type)
LEOPARD syndrome is the most common name for the disorder. It is also known as multiple lentigines syndrome, Gorlin syndrome II, cardio-cutaneous syndrome, lentiginosis profusa syndrome, progressive cardiomyopathic lentiginosis.
Image Source: Color Atlas & Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology Kay Shou-Mei Kane, Jen Bissonette Ryder, Richard Allen Johnson, Howard P. Baden, Alexander Stratigos Copyright 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies. All rights reserved.