Image Collection: Scalp, Hair and Nails
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
18. Picture of Low Level Light Therapy: Laser Comb
Low level light laser therapy (LLLT) has been used to treat a variety of medical disorders from ulcers to musculoskeletal disorders. In 2007, a low level light device was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat male pattern hair loss.
The laser comb is a handheld device that was approved as a device which has a different standard for FDA approval than a medication. The device is sold over the counter without physician prescription or physician monitoring.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
- Guide: Beauty and Healthy Living Facts You Can’t Live Without
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care