Image Collection: Bacterial Skin Diseases
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
17. Picture of Impetigo
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Impetigo. A bacterial skin infection caused by the staphylococcus or, more rarely, streptococcus bacteria. The first sign of impetigo is a patch of red, itchy skin. Pustules develop on this area, soon forming crusty, yellow-brown sores that can spread to cover entire areas of the face, arms, and other body parts. Most patients are children. Treatment is by antibiotics.
Text: MedTerms.com. Impetigo.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories: