Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
The symptoms start with bleeding after defecation. If untreated, hemorrhoids can worsen, protruding from the anus.
In their worst stage, they must be returned to the anal cavity manually. Fissures can develop, and these may cause intense discomfort. Treatment is by changing the diet to prevent constipation and avoid further irritation, the use of topical medication, and sometimes surgery or sclerotherapy.
Also known as piles.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
- Should You Have Surgery?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication