Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
37. Picture of Gingival Hyperplasia from Phenytoin
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Gingival hyperplasia from phenytoin. The mechanisms of adverse reactions to drugs vary. Some, like the urticarial or eczematous, are clearly based on an allergic or immunologic mechanism; others are utterly obscure in mechanism. Such is the gingival hyperplasia caused by phenytoin. Since it occurs in almost all patients receiving the drug, all one can say is that the effect probably is within the normal pharmacologic action of the drug.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?