Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
43. Picture of Epidermal Nevus
Epidermal nevus (EN) is a benign hamartomatous growth. It presents as a group of verrucous, closely grouped, skin-colored to brown papules often in a linear arrangement following the Lines of Blaschko. It develops primarily in childhood. There are several variations of EN including localized nevus unius lateris. Systematized EN, EN syndrome, and inflammatory verrucous epidermal nevus (IVEN).
In this photo is a young man with an epidermal nevus limited to his neck nape.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?